Moving to another country - especially one so far from family and friends - is a big decision and being prepared will help the process be much smoother and stress-free. Your biggest concern after you've made the decision to emigrate will be securing an Australian visa for you and your family.
This site should not be considered emigration advice. Visa information can and does change. For professional advice and the most up-to-date information, suggest you contact a qualified migration specialist for more information.
Types of Visa
There are four main types of visas for Australia: skilled visa, business visa, partner visa and family visa. Your individual circumstances will dictate which visa is appropriate for you and your family. We've provided a very brief overview of the various types of visa available.
Are you eligible for an Australian visa?
Take a free test online to determine if you're eligible for a skilled immigration visa from The Emigration Group.
Australia Skilled Visas - Skilled Migration Program
Australia's Skilled Migration Program requires potential migrants to complete an Expression of Interest (EOI), which will then be scored against a points test. Your scores will then be ranked against other EOSs, and the highest ranking scores across a range of occupations may be invited to apply for a Skilled Visa.
All migrants applying for an Australian Skilled Visa must be under the age of 50, and there are three types of Skilled Visas which you may quality for:
- Skilled Independent (Permanent) - Subclass 189
- Skilled Nominated (Permanent) - Subclass 190
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) - Subclass 489
Australian Business Visas
There are currently three types of Australian Business Visas available:
- Business Talent Visa (Permanent)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent)
Each requires a substantial investment from the potential migrant.
These visas are for the partners or prospective partners of Australian citizens or permanent residents. There are currently three types of partner visas.
- Spouse (Permanent) - Subclass 100 / 801 Entitles the spouse to permanent residence after the temporary (subclass 309) provisional spouse visa
- Provisional Spouse (Temporary) - Subclass 309 Initial two-year visa for partners of Australian citizens or permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens
- Prospective Marriage (Temporary) - Subclass 300 Temporary 9 month visa with rights to work, applicants must marry before the visa expires to continue residence
There are five Australian family visas available:
- Contributory Parent (Temporary) Family Visa - Subclass 173 A 2-year temporary visa, where visa holders can apply for a permanent 143 visa before the expiry of the 173
- Contributory Parent (Permanent) Family Visa - Subclass 143 The parent must be sponsored by the child in Australia who must be a settled resident, with a substantial second visa application charge and a ten year assurance of support is required
- Parent (Permanent) Family Visa- Subclass 103 Parents of children who are citizens or permanent residents of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizens, and the balance of family among the children must be at least 50/50 Australia/elsewhere; the sponsoring child must be a settled resident of Australia - there are very long queues for this visa
- Remaining Relative (Permanent) Family Visa - Subclass 115 Brothers, sisters or children of Australian citizens/permanent residents/eligible New Zealand citizens; you and/or your spouse must not have any near relative (parent, sibling, or minor child not in your daily care and control, or child over 18 who is not dependent on you) other than a near relative who is usually resident in Australia and an Australian citizen/Australian permanent resident/eligible New Zealand citizen in order to be eligible - there are very long waits for this visa
- Child (Permanent) Family Visa - Subclass 101 The natural dependent child (or in some cases the adopted or step child of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen - The child must be unmarried, under 25, (if 18 or older must be a full time student and dependent on parents), except in cases of disability that prevents the child from working
Other Australian Visas
- Employer sponsored visa Visas for those sponsored by an employer, which can lead to permanent residence
- Retirement visa For people aged 55 and over with substantial cash assets
- Working holiday visa For people aged 18 - 30
Call Us: Manchester: 0161 877 5555 Birmingham: 0121 504 0966 orGet a Quote
Removal quote appointment booking service
Britannia Bradshaw can help your move go smoothly. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote, or by calling 0161 877 5555 (Manchester) or 0121 504 0966 (Birmingham & Coventry) and speak with one of our removals specialists.
How are our appointments carried out
In the current times you might prefer that we don't visit your house in person to carry out a survey. This is fully understandable and we can just as easily undertake the survey by video call, using whatever method you're comfortable with, usually FaceTime or WhatsApp.
See what our customers think of us...
Very fast and efficient service
Really helpful and efficient team. Found the company from web search and ratings. Very happy with the service. Had a couple of minor damages but have not taken this further. Comments regarding your initial enquiry - very fast and efficient service.Stuart GreenhillBirmingham
Took the stress out of the day
The two men - Mike and Ryan I think were their names - were friendly, efficient and supportive throughout the day. I can't rate them highly enough. It took the stress out of the day. Used Bradshaws because of affordable quotation.Andrew BennisonManchester
Really quick and careful with our stuff both during packing and moving
Absolutely brilliant. Really quick and careful with our stuff both during packing and moving and very pleasant people. Used Bradshaws because of their ability to take out waiver if date changed and competitive price.
Initial enquiry was very easy and clear info. Consultant call back came within an hour as promised.John BurdenBirmingham
They made the whole move go really smoothly
They were extremely helpful, friendly and professional. They made the whole move go really smoothly. Cannot praise them enough. We were very impressed with the home visit from Diane Twigge. We felt that the company would really take care of our possessions. Liked the fact that the move would be done over 2 days.
We could not fault any of the process. Again Mike, Ryan and Sonic were brilliant. A big thank you to them.Colin DaviesManchester
Complete the form below to get your UK Removals quotation
European Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your European Removals quotation
International Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your International Removals quotation
Call Me Back
Complete the form below and we'll call you back to discuss your requirements
Complete the form below to get your Self Storage quotation
UK Price Guide
Complete the form below to get a Price Guide sent to you
Please note: Our Price Guide tool is intended for moves within the UK Mainland only. If you're moving to or from the UK mainland please speak to one of our friendly team who will be able to provide you with a bespoke quote.
Call Us: Manchester: 0161 877 5555 Birmingham: 0121 504 0966 orLet Us Call You Back