Moving to another country - especially one so far from family and friends - is a big decision and being prepared will help the process be much smoother and stress-free. Your biggest concern after you've made the decision to emigrate will be securing an Australian visa for you and your family.
This site should not be considered emigration advice. Visa information can and does change. For professional advice and the most up-to-date information, suggest you contact a qualified migration specialist for more information.
Types of Visa
There are four main types of visas for Australia: skilled visa, business visa, partner visa and family visa. Your individual circumstances will dictate which visa is appropriate for you and your family. We've provided a very brief overview of the various types of visa available.
Are you eligible for an Australian visa?
Take a free test online to determine if you're eligible for a skilled immigration visa from The Emigration Group.
Australia Skilled Visas - Skilled Migration Program
Australia's Skilled Migration Program requires potential migrants to complete an Expression of Interest (EOI), which will then be scored against a points test. Your scores will then be ranked against other EOSs, and the highest ranking scores across a range of occupations may be invited to apply for a Skilled Visa.
All migrants applying for an Australian Skilled Visa must be under the age of 50, and there are three types of Skilled Visas which you may quality for:
- Skilled Independent (Permanent) - Subclass 189
- Skilled Nominated (Permanent) - Subclass 190
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) - Subclass 489
Australian Business Visas
There are currently three types of Australian Business Visas available:
- Business Talent Visa (Permanent)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent)
Each requires a substantial investment from the potential migrant.
These visas are for the partners or prospective partners of Australian citizens or permanent residents. There are currently three types of partner visas.
- Spouse (Permanent) - Subclass 100 / 801 Entitles the spouse to permanent residence after the temporary (subclass 309) provisional spouse visa
- Provisional Spouse (Temporary) - Subclass 309 Initial two-year visa for partners of Australian citizens or permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens
- Prospective Marriage (Temporary) - Subclass 300 Temporary 9 month visa with rights to work, applicants must marry before the visa expires to continue residence
There are five Australian family visas available:
- Contributory Parent (Temporary) Family Visa - Subclass 173 A 2-year temporary visa, where visa holders can apply for a permanent 143 visa before the expiry of the 173
- Contributory Parent (Permanent) Family Visa - Subclass 143 The parent must be sponsored by the child in Australia who must be a settled resident, with a substantial second visa application charge and a ten year assurance of support is required
- Parent (Permanent) Family Visa- Subclass 103 Parents of children who are citizens or permanent residents of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizens, and the balance of family among the children must be at least 50/50 Australia/elsewhere; the sponsoring child must be a settled resident of Australia - there are very long queues for this visa
- Remaining Relative (Permanent) Family Visa - Subclass 115 Brothers, sisters or children of Australian citizens/permanent residents/eligible New Zealand citizens; you and/or your spouse must not have any near relative (parent, sibling, or minor child not in your daily care and control, or child over 18 who is not dependent on you) other than a near relative who is usually resident in Australia and an Australian citizen/Australian permanent resident/eligible New Zealand citizen in order to be eligible - there are very long waits for this visa
- Child (Permanent) Family Visa - Subclass 101 The natural dependent child (or in some cases the adopted or step child of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen - The child must be unmarried, under 25, (if 18 or older must be a full time student and dependent on parents), except in cases of disability that prevents the child from working
Other Australian Visas
- Employer sponsored visa Visas for those sponsored by an employer, which can lead to permanent residence
- Retirement visa For people aged 55 and over with substantial cash assets
- Working holiday visa For people aged 18 - 30
Call Us: Manchester: 0161 877 5555 Birmingham: 0121 504 0966 orGet a Quote
Removal quote appointment booking service
Britannia Bradshaw can help your move go smoothly. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote, or by calling 0161 877 5555 (Manchester) or 0121 504 0966 (Birmingham & Coventry) and speak with one of our removals specialists.
How are our appointments carried out
In the current times you might prefer that we don't visit your house in person to carry out a survey. This is fully understandable and we can just as easily undertake the survey by video call, using whatever method you're comfortable with, usually FaceTime or WhatsApp.
See what our customers think of us...
We are so pleased we chose your company
I just want to say a massive thank you to Sonic and team for moving us out of our home last week Sunday and Monday.
What amazing guys they were, nothing was too much trouble, they worked so hard and methodically. They are an absolute credit to your company so I just wanted you to know how much we appreciated them. Also before our decision we had 3 different removal companies down to compare and we are so pleased we chose your company.
I’d also like to thank their manager as Sonic and his team tried to get to our house on the Friday when it was ice and snow and the manager was able to rearrange for them to come on the Sunday to make a start which was very much appreciated.
The other person was your sales rep Diane Twigge who was absolutely excellent and extremely helpful, right on her game. Thank you again for all your wonderful staff that we had dealings with.Janet HallManchester
Fantastic at dealing with my initial request with speed
Jamie was incredible at packing the truck! So much so they didn’t use the extra truck booked for the job. He was organised, efficient and like the whole crew courteous, good natured and very hardworking. A really excellent experience. After Martin sorted the initial quote Jacki took over helping me through the process and dealt with my worries and questions. She was really supportive and calming at a very difficult time.
It was a very difficult time. I had lost my removal company just before exchange and it threatened to collapse the whole chain. Martin was fantastic at dealing with my initial request with speed. I really appreciated that.Saskia SuttonBirmingham
Polite & exceptionally accommodating
Mark & Brian were absolutely fantastic. V polite & exceptionally accommodating. Used on recommendation. Very helpful & gave me time to consider my options.Victoria AdinkraManchester
Professional visit and quote
James Conley was leading and in control at all times. Used the company after getting an impressive flyer through letter box and professional visit and quote. Martin Wilkes handled the initial enquiry knowledgeably and courteously all aspects.Bernard StevensBirmingham
Complete the form below to get your UK Removals quotation
European Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your European Removals quotation
International Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your International Removals quotation
Call Me Back
Complete the form below and we'll call you back to discuss your requirements
Complete the form below to get your Self Storage quotation
UK Price Guide
Complete the form below to get a Price Guide sent to you
Call Us: Manchester: 0161 877 5555 Birmingham: 0121 504 0966 orLet Us Call You Back