Moving to another country - especially one so far from family and friends - is a big decision and being prepared will help the process be much smoother and stress-free. Your biggest concern after you've made the decision to emigrate will be securing an Australian visa for you and your family.
This site should not be considered emigration advice. Visa information can and does change. For professional advice and the most up-to-date information, suggest you contact a qualified migration specialist for more information.
Types of Visa
There are four main types of visas for Australia: skilled visa, business visa, partner visa and family visa. Your individual circumstances will dictate which visa is appropriate for you and your family. We've provided a very brief overview of the various types of visa available.
Are you eligible for an Australian visa?
Take a free test online to determine if you're eligible for a skilled immigration visa from The Emigration Group.
Australia Skilled Visas - Skilled Migration Program
Australia's Skilled Migration Program requires potential migrants to complete an Expression of Interest (EOI), which will then be scored against a points test. Your scores will then be ranked against other EOSs, and the highest ranking scores across a range of occupations may be invited to apply for a Skilled Visa.
All migrants applying for an Australian Skilled Visa must be under the age of 50, and there are three types of Skilled Visas which you may quality for:
- Skilled Independent (Permanent) - Subclass 189
- Skilled Nominated (Permanent) - Subclass 190
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) - Subclass 489
Australian Business Visas
There are currently three types of Australian Business Visas available:
- Business Talent Visa (Permanent)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent)
Each requires a substantial investment from the potential migrant.
These visas are for the partners or prospective partners of Australian citizens or permanent residents. There are currently three types of partner visas.
- Spouse (Permanent) - Subclass 100 / 801 Entitles the spouse to permanent residence after the temporary (subclass 309) provisional spouse visa
- Provisional Spouse (Temporary) - Subclass 309 Initial two-year visa for partners of Australian citizens or permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens
- Prospective Marriage (Temporary) - Subclass 300 Temporary 9 month visa with rights to work, applicants must marry before the visa expires to continue residence
There are five Australian family visas available:
- Contributory Parent (Temporary) Family Visa - Subclass 173 A 2-year temporary visa, where visa holders can apply for a permanent 143 visa before the expiry of the 173
- Contributory Parent (Permanent) Family Visa - Subclass 143 The parent must be sponsored by the child in Australia who must be a settled resident, with a substantial second visa application charge and a ten year assurance of support is required
- Parent (Permanent) Family Visa- Subclass 103 Parents of children who are citizens or permanent residents of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizens, and the balance of family among the children must be at least 50/50 Australia/elsewhere; the sponsoring child must be a settled resident of Australia - there are very long queues for this visa
- Remaining Relative (Permanent) Family Visa - Subclass 115 Brothers, sisters or children of Australian citizens/permanent residents/eligible New Zealand citizens; you and/or your spouse must not have any near relative (parent, sibling, or minor child not in your daily care and control, or child over 18 who is not dependent on you) other than a near relative who is usually resident in Australia and an Australian citizen/Australian permanent resident/eligible New Zealand citizen in order to be eligible - there are very long waits for this visa
- Child (Permanent) Family Visa - Subclass 101 The natural dependent child (or in some cases the adopted or step child of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen - The child must be unmarried, under 25, (if 18 or older must be a full time student and dependent on parents), except in cases of disability that prevents the child from working
Other Australian Visas
- Employer sponsored visa Visas for those sponsored by an employer, which can lead to permanent residence
- Retirement visa For people aged 55 and over with substantial cash assets
- Working holiday visa For people aged 18 - 30
Call Us: Manchester: 0161 877 5555 Birmingham: 0121 504 0966 orGet a Quote
Removal quote appointment booking service
Britannia Bradshaw can help your move go smoothly. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote, or by calling 0161 877 5555 (Manchester) or 0121 504 0966 (Birmingham & Coventry) and speak with one of our removals specialists.
How are our appointments carried out
In the current times you might prefer that we don't visit your house in person to carry out a survey. This is fully understandable and we can just as easily undertake the survey by video call, using whatever method you're comfortable with, usually FaceTime or WhatsApp.
See what our customers think of us...
Helped us at very short notice
The lads were fantastic as they knew we had been messed around by our solicitors, they were helpful all the way through polite and always helpful.
The company performed above and beyond and I will certainly recommend and use you again. You helped us at very short notice and went way and above to accommodate us in what was a stressful 24hrs well done and thank you.
Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Very friendly and helpful nothing too much trouble.Richard ButcherBirmingham
Top notch professionals
Top notch professionals and very friendly. Used based on reputation.James LoweManchester
The team on move day itself were exceptional
What a crew! They were fantastic. Dan oversaw all aspects of the 2 day move and kept me informed every step of the way. Lorne helped Dan pack on Day 1, again he was very friendly and courteous. The team on move day itself were exceptional. It was a highly emotional day for myself, and they treated me (and my belongings) with the utmost respect. I couldn't have wished for a better team. Please pass on my sincere thanks them. They completely took the stress out of the day for me.
I was happy with the way my initial enquiry was dealt with by your company, and Britannia were always in the running, however you were my second choice. I chose you ultimately because of your availability. My first choice, who were better on price, were unavailable. A third company, I discounted from the outset, as their knowledge and attitude did not meet my expectations.
Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Martin Lloyd was, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.Elaine PoxonBirmingham
Manoeuvred with skill with mm to spare!
Nothing was too much trouble for Mark, Paul and the rest of the gang. Lovely people, excellent at what they do - manoeuvred with skill with mm to spare! Good humoured, polite an absolute credit to any organisation. You surpassed expectations.
Had used 10yrs ago - part load from Europe to Manchester. Excellent service then & when I rang with the initial enquiry lady was helpful & located original details on system - impressive. Comments regarding your initial enquiry - Friendly & helpful.
We just want to say what an excellent experience we had moving in the capable & experienced hands of 'Team Sonic'. Nothing was a problem to Paul, Mark & Noel during the 3.5 days it took. Unfailing good humour and hard work from all. We were thoroughly impressed by the professionalism of the whole Bradshaw team from first contact through to completion. We would not hesitate to recommend you wholeheartedly. Thank you for reducing the stress of moving. 10/10.AnonymousManchester
Complete the form below to get your UK Removals quotation
European Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your European Removals quotation
International Removals Quote Request
Complete the form below to get your International Removals quotation
Call Me Back
Complete the form below and we'll call you back to discuss your requirements
Complete the form below to get your Self Storage quotation
UK Price Guide
Complete the form below to get a Price Guide sent to you
Please note: Our Price Guide tool is intended for moves within the UK Mainland only. If you're moving to or from the UK mainland please speak to one of our friendly team who will be able to provide you with a bespoke quote.
Call Us: Manchester: 0161 877 5555 Birmingham: 0121 504 0966 orLet Us Call You Back