Removals to South Africa
If you are planning on moving to South Africa, Britannia Bradshaw International Removals & Storage has the expertise and the local knowledge to tailor the move to your individual needs.
We know that your removal is only part of your move, so we also have information about South Africa Visas.
Moving Personal Effects to South Africa
Shipments of household goods and personal effects are allowed duty free entry, provided that they have been owned and used for at least 12 months prior to importation. To move your items to South Africa, you will need a customs clearance form and a packing list, Britannia can help you with the appropriate import documentation. You will also need a residence permit (permanent or temporary) and a work permit to move to South Africa.
- Customs Clearance - It normally takes 7 to 10 days for customs clearance and delivery. The time taken to clear goods through customs can be affected by Government policy, X-raying of goods, physical inspection, volume of traffic and the levy of any import duties or taxes.
- Packing & Delivery - Our removers can pack and wrap all your items to ensure that they are transported safely. If you choose a full door to door shipping service to South Africa, Britannia will deliver the goods to your new home. We can then unwrap your furniture and unpack your moving boxes onto a flat surface, and all used packing materials will be removed from the site.
- Additional removal services – If you require additional removal services when moving to South Africa, Britannia is authorised to provide comprehensive insurance, and arrange international storage or pet transport.
Prohibitions and Restrictions
In general it is in your interest not to import the following items:
- Firearms & ammunition
- Inflammable goods & substances
- Plants & plant material
- Foodstuffs, perishables or otherwise
- Narcotics and dangerous goods
- Offensive materials
- Alcohol & Tobacco
South Africa removal transit times
Groupage or shared load consignments usually take eight to 12 weeks door to door. However, this can vary depending on volumes being shipped, customs or immigration delays and prevailing weather conditions. Sole use containers usually take 21 to 36 days port to port.
All Groupage consignments will be bar coded before they are loaded into the shipping container. This will ensure that no items are left at origin.
Moving your domestic pets to South Africa
Britannia Bradshaw can recommend a specialised shipper of animals to assist you in sending your family pets from home to home. They will coordinate all documentation and necessary veterinary procedures.
Find out more about moving overseas with pets
Moving motor vehicles to South Africa
All motor vehicles must be granted Import Approval prior to export, a Letter of Authority is also required from the NRCS. All vehicles are subject to high duty and import taxes upon import.
How may we help with your move to South Africa?
Britannia Bradshaw can help your move to South Africa go smoothly. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote or call 0161 877 5555 (Manchester), 0121 504 0966 (Birmingham & Coventry) and speak with an international removals specialist.